What Is A Biomass Boiler?
To put it plainly, a biomass boiler burns wood (logs, pellets or wood chips) to provide heating and hot water.
Switching to a biomass boiler can help you save on heating costs as well as provide you with the benefit of potentially receiving a government-backed income called the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) for up to 20 years.
What Are The Benefits Of A Biomass Boiler?
Until recently biomass boilers have been most suited to commercial buildings where there is plenty of room to site the boiler. However, with on-going miniaturisation and improved automation, biomass boilers are now also suited to residential properties and commercial buildings. Biomass boilers are most beneficial where the fuel source being replaced is heating oil or bottled gas.
The initial cost of installing a biomass boiler system can be significant but the financial returns are usually very good. These are just a few of the benefits of choosing biomass:
- Biomass is considered an environmentally friendly source of energy because unlike coal, which needs much longer than a lifetime to re-generate, biomass is a renewable source of energy because it can be obtained relatively quickly by replacing or growing new trees.
- Since the carbon dioxide released during the combustion was actually absorbed while the tree was growing, biomass boilers are essentially carbon neutral. This is a helpful step in terms of climate change.
- Reduced carbon dioxide output, by up to 9.5 tons annually.
- If you have a ready supply of logs, you can effectively heat your building for free.
- Prices of traditional fuels like oil and gas are increasing. Biomass needed for pellet boilers, for example, has much more stable prices, so you won’t see your bills increasing sharply.
- Biomass boilers and stoves qualify for the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme (RHI), which means you would qualify for periodical payments over several years. This helps you to repay your initial investment in a shorter time.
How Can Arkle Help You?
Securing biomass boiler finance from high street banks can be a challenge as many lenders often don’t fully understand the technology and government grants that are available alongside the financial savings when compared with burning oil or bottled gas.
Our funding allows you to overcome any impacts on your cash flow whilst ensuring you benefit from fuel savings for years to come. With many years’ experience in financing renewable energy related equipment, Arkle Finance is able and willing to help businesses secure the finance they need to install a biomass boiler.
We understand biomass boiler technology and will help bring your renewable heating vision to life! Our team are specialists in this field and are happy to discuss any queries regarding biomass boiler financing with you. Take a look at our biomass boiler finance page to find out more.